Environmental Policy Statement
The company recognises that its activities have an impact on the environment and is committed to improve its environmental performance and minimise the harmful effects through caring policies and effective management.
The company accepts and acknowledges its obligations and responsibilities under legislation and guidance dealing with environmental issues that effect or arise in consequence of its business.
The company will apply the methodology of its Environmental Management System (EMS) to identify and determine the environmental issues requiring attention and implementation of the measures to achieve continuous improvement. In particular, attention will be given to:
- Environmental awareness and understanding of our business amongst those working for or on behalf of the company, providing training as necessary and encouraging sub-contractors and suppliers to adopt sound environmental practices.
- The use and re-use of materials to minimise and curtail creating waste and, whenever practicable, using materials and products from sustainable sources.
- Control the emission of pollutants, noise and dust, and the use of potentially harmful substances and treatments during construction activities.
- Conserve energy through sensible selection, use and management of resources, equipment, plant and transport.
- The continued development, monitoring and investigation of systems, practices and procedures at each stage of construction to ensure the environment remains a foremost consideration.